Lampl Herbert Consultants conducts applied research that is designed and carried out in the pursuit of solutions to real life questions. Our projects generally focus on the use or protection of natural resources and the interface with human activities. We work to inform public policy, explore questions related to economic development, the environment, and / or contribute to the knowledge base that is emerging in tandem with the rapid evolution of thinking and new technologies. Our research extends to the socio-political setting in which public policy is created. In some cases, we provide a “road map” to the policy process and coach the client regarding the culture of the political system.
Sometimes the client provides the topic, and we provide the focus, data collection, and the preliminary analysis; in these cases we work in collaboration with the client to develop and set the “next steps” in motion. At other times, our curiosity gets the best of us, and we set off to explore questions that present themselves in the course of other inquiries or activities.
While many LHC projects involve technical issues, all of our projects involve human dynamics. As a consequence, our toolkit includes expertise in both the natural and the people sciences. The focus of inquiry and reporting over four decades includes:
- Traps to capture “slipper lobster” (Scyllarides nodifer)
- Franklin County Fishery Options
- Acoustic Signature to Detect Presence of Manatee(s)
- Assessing Social Impacts of Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)
- Facilitation of Visioning and Strategic Planning in Coastal Communities
- Evaluation of Natural Resources over more than 23,000 acres of Public Property in Miami-Dade and Collier Counties
- Mineral Evaluation and Mineral Remoteness at Properties Considered for Conservation Easements
- Identification of Travel and Residency Patterns of Individuals Working in Oil and Gas Industry
Links to selected publicly available reports are provided here.
Click on the cover images below to view or download the publications.